Friday, November 16, 2007

It's working!

I have barely had a chance to breathe, with work (which is insane), the constant cooking, trying to keep up with Pendant stuff, etc.

Clark and I have been on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet for a week now.

And I really do think it's working. For him, at least. He's more cheerful, more social, less stimmy, and really more *there*. I told him I needed something to drink, and then I forgot and went to my computer, and he came up to me and said, "You need a drink."

I just blinked in astonishment. I said, "You're right."

He said, "I'll get a can of pop." And he ran to the refrigerator.

I said, "No, I can't drink that right now. I'll get water."

He said, "I want to help," and helped me pour it.

Also before bed, I noticed his Pirates of the Caribbean shirt was out, so I said, "Why is that there? You have to put that away!"

He said (garbled and in the wrong order) that it was for school, they had to bring something with a square on it, and he pointed out one of the jewels scattered around in the design, which was a square. But I understood.

In the car yesterday he said (after thinking hard and correcting himself several times), "What will happen if I..." which is REALLY complex and I thought it was totally beyond him. Abstract thought!

Amazing.

So now we will go into Thanksgiving this year with no pumpkin pie (this hurts me more than it hurts him) or anything remotely like food normal people eat but...I'll get over it. I'll make pumpkin pie in December if I have to...if I can even use canned pumpkin (I probably can't). :|

No comments: