Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coconut oil for cradle cap

My son has suffered from cradle cap FOREVER. Seriously. It showed up when he was a baby, and now he's five years old.

It always came back no matter what we did, but I'd heard from somebody that coconut oil might work. Since it has antimicrobial effects, and it's natural, I thought I'd try it.

So, when my son next took a bath, I put a little less than a tablespoon of coconut oil on his head. I just kind of rubbed it in and made sure it wouldn't drip in his eyes.

After 10-15 minutes, we combed his head and then washed the oil out.

First of all, the flakes came right out, without tugging, pain or my son saying, "Ow!" and looking at me all wounded. :) His scalp looked a little red, but not too bad.

We repeated this a week later, and after that, we haven't had to do it. It is literally unbelievable. It's just...gone!

So go ahead and give it a try!

2 comments:

Frederick said...

Hello The SCD girl,

Isn't coconut oil simply amazing! I've heard or seen countless instances of these skin infections cured by the one and only coconut oil.

Cradle cap is a form of dermatitis and coconut oil's abundant medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) love to get rid of dermatitis or inflammation of th skin.

Coconut oil is such a natural wonder or remedy for various hair and skin conditions and many many more. A powerful antimicrobial, indeed.

I'm happy for you. Take care.

Cheers,
Frederick
www.coconut-oil-central.com
Your Drugstore in a Bottle

Anonymous said...

You can also use coconut oil for hair moisturizing and deep conditioning.

Wash your hair, then massage a quarter size amount of virgin coconut oil throughout your hair. Let sit in your for about an hour and then rinse. Many people find the coconut oil thickens their hair and makes it look healthier.

You can also use coconut oil as a natural skin moisturizer.