Friday, April 2, 2010

Fat, addicting foods

You may have seen a recent news report that stated that high fat foods were "addictive."

Instead of linking to the report, I'll just link you to the Fat Head analysis.

I admit, I hit the roof when I read about it, because they almost completely ignore the role of SUGAR in the addictive nature of certain foods.

I doubt very much that the rats couldn't stop eating a plain stick of butter. Have you ever tried to eat just butter? I can do it in small amounts, but I guarantee you I couldn't eat the whole stick.

But if you soften the butter and mix it up with sugar, I'm betting you could eat it all juuuuust fine.

Blah!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

when I was a little girl, I remember my favorite sandwich was a (white)bread, butter & sugar sandwich. and of course, you're right...eating a plain stick of butter would be...errggh.

But then again, one time My daughter and I watched a food eating contest (on t.v.) where the contestanst had to eat whole sticks of butter as one of the items....that totally grossed us out!